Programmer at Tsunami ARVR
You are a PROGRAMMER. You build exciting multi-screen 3D interactive presentations, multi-player immersive environments, experiential marketing installations, and casual games. In addition to your superior development skills, you are a creative-problem solver with excellent oral and written communication skills. You are self-motivated, work well under pressure, and can handle tight deadlines. You desire creative freedom and growth potential in your work. You seek a creative company with large, high profile customers and excellent growth potential. You thrive in an entrepreneurial culture where you can do ground-breaking work alongside the best talent in the industry.
Summary & Accountabilities
You are responsible for designing and implementing custom applications in Lua, C++, and C# using our proprietary realtime 3D game engine.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Write applications to create engaging interactive installations, networked multi-screen experiences, high-quality 3D presentations, educational modules, and iPhone/iPad apps
- Program and script unique custom solutions using our powerful 3D game engine
- Utilize state-of-the-art technology, including stereoscopic 3D, multi-touch displays, and augmented-reality
- Take responsibility for interpreting and implementing designs and customer requirements
- Contribute ideas and improvements to project designs, pipelines and tools
- Commit to delivering high-quality, polished and reliable software
- Document, organize, and maintain new code, helping to grow the company’s code base
- Inspire colleagues to continuously generate forward-thinking ideas and actively contribute to a culture of innovation and excellence
- Help build on our creative legacy and award-winning work
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent job experience
- At least one completed, commercially-shipped game title or interactive 3D product
- Experience in programming with recent PC or console game engines or 3D frameworks
- In-depth knowledge of sophisticated high-level scripting, preferably in Lua
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with team members of varied backgrounds
- Experience in working collaboratively with cross-disciplinary, art, programming, production and technology teams
- Expert knowledge of Lua is a big plus
- Experience with WPF and .NET on Microsoft Surface is a plus
- Experience with client/server networking and audio/video streaming is a plus
- Experience interfacing with varied multimedia hardware and software technologies is a plus
- Experience working on short-timeline, fast-paced projects
- Must be a strong leader and teammate
- Must be punctual, reliable, highly flexible, and excellent at balancing multiple detail-oriented projects
- Must have excellent presentation and communication skills (written, oral, internal, and client-facing)
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and work samples. Your application will not be considered without writing samples or portfolio/reel (when applicable). Please include the name of the position in the subject line of the email.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Position also comes with an equity incentive package and benefits package, including health, dental, vision, and 401k.
REPORTS TO: PROGRAMMING MANAGER
Employment for Tsunami ARVR