Senior Graphics Programmer at Tsunami
Summary & Accountabilities
The Senior Graphic Programmer has 10 or more years of experience in programming and interactive software development, specialized in real-time interactive and programmable 3D engines for OpenGL and D3D. The individual must be highly organized, with the ability to manage multiple tactics regarding 3D engine development and maintenance.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop, improve and plan future enhancements to proprietary core software engine known as RTP
- Work to define a long term development roadmap for core engine, supporting tools, and key software products.
- Implement full capabilities within required devices (iOS platform devices, Android, Windows).
- Identify opportunities for increased code reuse and define new frameworks or incorporate generally useful features into the engine and tools.
- Continually improve and apply knowledge of modern 3D game engines, and interactive product development to codify guidelines and best practices for debugging and future development additions.
- Develop, support and improve RTP pipeline exporters for required scene and modeling development platforms (3DSM, MAYA, LW, etc…), including usage documentation
- Documentation and sample Lua, C/C++, C#, and Objective-C code as a teaching resource for core technology.
- Provide project based diagnostics for RTP.
- Required “On site” meetings
- Weekly SCRUM
- Weekly RTP meeting
- Potential “Ad-Hoc” meetings related to RTP development concerns.
- Monthly Company Meeting (1st Wednesday of every month)
- Keep abreast of new developments in relevant technologies.
- Research and investigate new technologies, algorithms, and commercial products to ensure RTP and exporters compete and excel within the market.
- Attend development conferences.
- Provide summarized information and resource links as discovered to the LUA to ensure key information is disseminated.
- Inspire colleagues to continuously generate forward-thinking ideas and actively contribute to a culture of innovation and excellence. Help build on our creative legacy and award-winning work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Masters is preferred
- Expert knowledge of C/C++ 14, C#, Objective-C, scripting languages such as Lua, JavaScipt,
- Embraces ISO C++ standards and best programming practices -- including Stroustrup and Meyers’ books
- Experience working in game industry timelines with specific milestones is preferred
- Advanced knowledge of 2D/3D animation development software (Photoshop, 3DS Max, Maya, Lightwave)
- Working knowledge of interactive media (e.g. display technologies, video, 2D/3D animation and interactive software).
- Experience working collaboratively with cross-disciplinary, art, programming, production and technology teams.
- Experience working on short-timeline, fast-paced projects.
- Must be a strong leader and teammate. Must be punctual, reliable, highly flexible, and excellent at balancing multiple detail-oriented projects.
- Must have excellent presentation and communication skills (written, oral, internal, and client-facing).
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and work samples. Your application will not be considered without writing samples or portfolio/reel (when applicable). Please include the name of the position in the subject line of the email.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Position also comes with an equity incentive package and benefits package, including health, dental, vision, and 401k.
REPORTS TO: PROGRAMMING MANAGER
Employment for Tsunami ARVR