Senior Web Developer at Tsunami ARVR
You are an experienced web developer. You build exciting and engaging interactive web sites, web-based kiosks, and mobile applications. In addition to your superior development skills, you are a creative-problem solver with excellent oral and written communication skills. You are self-motivated, work well under pressure, and can handle tight deadlines. You desire creative freedom and growth potential in your work. You seek a creative company with large, high profile customers and excellent growth potential. You thrive in an entrepreneurial culture where you can do ground-breaking work alongside the best talent in the industry.
Summary & Accountabilities
The core responsibility is to ensure the development of high quality, engaging web sites, web apps, web based services and more, while also adding value and advanced interactive capabilities to our current online offerings and web applications.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Take responsibility for interpreting and implementing designs and customer requirements
- Contribute ideas and improvements to project designs, pipelines, and tools
- Commit to delivering high quality, polished and reliable web-based applications
- Provide ongoing support and documentation of Tsunami ARVR-based software products and services
- Document, organize, and maintain new code, helping to grow the company’s code base
- Inspire colleagues to continuously generate forward-thinking ideas and actively contribute to a culture of innovation and excellence. Help build on our creative legacy and award-winning work
- Other duties as assigned
- B.S. in computer science or 6+ years of equivalent professional web application development experience
- Expert level skills in at least one core server language (PHP, .NET C#, JAVA, NodeJS)
- Senior level experience in developing client-server data transaction solutions with modern database services
- Competent skills with Photoshop, Illustrator, or other graphic design and layout tools for web development
- A proven track record of taking storyboards, wireframes and concept art all the way to highly-polished interactive experiences or commercial web applications
- A proven track record in applying new state-of-the-art web design tools and technologies to enhance the functionality and quality of online and interactive material, preferably using HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience creating QA test guidelines for QC operations
- Desired skills in: WebGL via ThreeJS, or other 3D platform experience, UX training / experience for web applications, mobile development experience a major advantage, NodeJS, Mongo, Client/server networking and audio/video streaming, API development for multimedia hardware and software technologies
- Working knowledge of interactive media (e.g. display technologies, video, 2D/3D animation and interactive software)
- Experience working collaboratively with cross-disciplinary, art, programming, production and technology teams
- Experience working on short-timeline, fast-paced projects
- Must be a strong leader and teammate
- Must be punctual, reliable, highly flexible, and excellent at balancing multiple detail-oriented projects
- Must have excellent presentation and communication skills (written, oral, internal, and client-facing)
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and work samples. Your application will not be considered without writing samples or portfolio/reel (when applicable). Please include the name of the position in the subject line of the email.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Position also comes with an equity incentive package and benefits package, including health, dental, vision, and 401k.
REPORTS TO: PROGRAMMING MANAGER
Employment for Tsunami ARVR